January 3, 2013

Baby it's cold outside!


I went out yesterday afternoon with my daughter to run some errands and it ended up taking longer than I'd expected. Typical, right? When we left the sun was still out and when we came home it had gone down. set It was a chilly day but even more so with the absence of the sunlight. As we left the last store, shivering through the parking lot on the way back to the car I was more anxious than ever to return to my warm and inviting home. We passed someone with their head bent under the hood of a car, dealing with some kind of engine trouble, I was sympathetic but definitely glad it wasn't us this time. When I pulled into my own driveway fifteen minutes later it was with a sigh of relief I went inside. 

I'm especially thankful today for the blessing of heat and a comfortable house to live in--something I often take for granted. A small and simple thing? But not for those who don't have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment