May 19, 2013

Your mind is a cupboard...


Your mind is a cupboard.  Monson #lds


Too often when I look at my husband and children I see the things I wish they would change...like cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen or putting away their shoes or coats instead of leaving them in the middle of the floor or tossed on a chair in the living room.

What about drivers that don't signal then suddenly pull into the lane or turn without warning, or people that walk slowly down a crowded hallway or sidewalk when I'm trying to hurry past. Before long I feel irritated, grumpy, and am having a bad day.

"Focus on the positive" something we've all heard applies just as much for the little irritations in life as it does for the big things. When I take time to be grateful I have a family to love and care for, or remember some days I'm the distracted driver, or the one moving at a leisurely pace, I'm less apt to react negatively towards others. Not because they've changed--my thoughts have.  



No comments:

Post a Comment