Warm Up your Winter--
Snuggle up next to the fire! While winter rages outside, nothing beats a steaming mug of hot chocolate or cider. Warm up Your Winter includes delightful recipes like Classic Hot Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate, and Hot Caramel Apple Cider. Also included are topping recipes and ideas on how to serve up a hot beverage bar for an unforgettable holiday get-together.
Author of Real Mom Kitchen, Laura Powell brings you a collection of recipes sure to get you toasty on even the coldest evenings. Don’t just survive the winter—warm it up!
Laura Powell grew up in the Salt Lake Valley. She gained a passion for cooking from her mother and created her own recipe book as a young girl along with participating in a summer cooking program through the Deseret News. She began her blog, realmomkitchen.com, in April of 2008 as a way to showcase her passion for cooking. Since then, realmomkitchen.com has turned into her own small business. Laura continues to reside in Utah with her husband and 3 children.
Hot Caramel Apple Cider
- 8 cups or ½ gallon apple cider
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping (I used Smuckers)
- whipped cream, optional
- extra caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a large sauce pan, combine the cider, sugar, and caramel topping.
- Cook over medium low heat until simmering stirring frequently. Simmer until heated and well blended.
- Serve in cups of mugs. Pipe whipping cream on top and drizzle with additional caramel topping if desired.
get the book here