June 19, 2009

Endless blooms


The sky is blue and I can hear the birds singing in the trees. I grab my trimmers and head to my rose garden. Vibrant shades of red and coral, soft shades of pink and yellow greet my eyes. I breath in the heady fragrance.

My roses bloom the fairest in the spring. As the first explosion tempers with the heat of summer the petals wilt and then turn brown. If I want new blooms I need to cut into the crisp green stalks angled above a five leaf cluster. Dead heading the faded flowers is critical to new growth. If I prune new buds will grow and the roses can bloom till fall.

So it is with us.

If we ever want to reach our glorious potential we must cast aside past mistakes, old fears and self-imposed limitations. Let go of the anger that blinds us from truth in order to find the sweet peace only forgiveness can bring. Doing it once is not enough, it is a process we must repeat and refine. We all have endless possibilities within, just waiting to be freed. It only can be, if we rid ourselves of whatever is in the way.

“Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.”—Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment